What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is free service through Google that gives your business a profile to share information about your business on Google. For local businesses, this is a must have if you want your business information on Google for best local seo placement. So what business information is optimal to have on your Google My Business listing? Let’s take a look at that next.
What information should be included?
- Business Information
- Business name
- Business address (You can add as many business addresses as you need)
- Website URL
- Business phone number
- Business hours (including Holiday hours)
- Business Category
- Outside of business (from the street) So people can better find it.
- Inside your business.
- Employees at your business.
- The work or services you offer.
- Business social pages
- Good for Chains, departments, and individual practitioners.
Also, your able to manage your Google Reviews, add new business locations, keep business info up-to-date, and gives you valuable insights about users searching for your business.
How to setup Google My Business?
- Go here and Click the Start Now button in top right corner of page. Then add your business address. Make sure you choose the best and most relevant category for your business. If your not sure, either search for competitors in Google and see which categories they fall into. Or take a look at Google’s category list here. Don’t worry, you can always change it later.
- Next, verify your listing with either a phone call or letter in the snail mail from Google. If you get a letter, it is time sensitive so as soon as you receive the letter go enter your code to verify your business.
- Finally, double check your information to keep your listing accurate.
Don’t miss out on your free Google My Business listing. Also, don’t be shy if you have a question or your considering have a Top Local SEO Agency manage your SEO. If you have anything that you would like to share using Google My Business, please list it below in the comments.