Your company website is one of the most important selling tools you have at your disposal. In today’s plugged-in world, a website acts as a business’ “front door” for most if not all of its prospective and current customers. A business owner neglects his website only at his own peril.
Still, merely having a website may not be enough. You also want your website to be optimized for customer conversion, so that the visitors you attract don’t move on to other companies, but stay interested in your message and product. A website that’s powered by growth-driven design is one of the best ways to achieve such optimization.
Drawbacks of the Traditional Website Design Model
Traditionally, the website design process goes something like this:
- After the initial client-developer meetings, an initial design is formed.
- The design is checked and re-checked by both the client and the developer.
- The website is then actually developed and subsequently goes through another round of revisions.
- Finally, the website goes live.
The problem is, such a process usually brings some baggage along with it. Some drawbacks of the traditional model include:
- Long lead times. Some professionals estimate that on average it takes about 3 months to build a fully functional website. Of course, you could always go the WordPress or Wix route; but such a cookie-cutter template won’t do much to optimize your website’s performance compared to a custom-built package.
- Limited (or zero) A/B testing. Since a traditional website is not open to the public view until it’s fully finished, you only have a very limited window in which to perform split testing and decide which design choice is more beneficial for your brand.
- A short lifespan. Many websites must undergo a complete overhaul within a few years after their initial launch. Why? Simply put, because the job wasn’t done right the first time.
Benefits of Growth-Driven Website Design
In contrast to the traditional model, a growth-driven website design (also known as a “launchpad website”) allows you to test your website’s performance in real-time while reaping the benefits of a robust online presence. The idea is, you launch your website not as a finished product, but as a work in progress. Over time, you leverage user feedback to optimize your site until its performance is exactly where you want it to be.
There are several benefits to using a growth-driven model, including:
- Speed. After all, you get to launch your website within a few days of its inception, instead of a few months.
- Functionality. Your website, while still under construction, remains completely functional for handling vital business tasks.
- Optimization. With a “launchpad website,” you can receive real-time data on your website’s performance, and leverage that into tangible improvements within a matter of days, if not hours. In effect, you are constantly performing live A/B testing on your site. What’s the ultimate benefit to you? Research has shown that using the correct targeting and testing methods can increase a business’ conversion rate by up to 300%!
Partner with Reap + Sow for Your Growth-Driven Design Needs
Growth-driven web design remains one of the best-kept secrets in the digital marketing sector today. Harnessing the power of such an innovative design methodology can help you to achieve your business goals in record time, without losing valuable time on a development process driven by best guesses.
At Reap + Sow Marketing, we are ardent proponents of growth-driven website design. Our team of marketing professionals and development experts has the skills and broad range of experience needed to transform any business’ website into a world-class sales tool. If you’d like to learn more, reach out to us today.